I’m planning work on my house under Permitted Development (PD) and other work that requires Planning Permission (PP). Is there a preferred order to maximise my chances of securing PP?

There are some councils that remove Permitted Development rights as part of the process of approving Planning Applications for major Works. If your council falls into this category, it might be best to complete your PD work first and apply for a Lawful Development Certificate. You can then proceed with your Planning Application for the remainder of the work. Obviously, such a strategy is dependent on the PD work not being dependent on completing any of the PP work.